In January 2018, over 70 percent of human resource professional surveyed acknowledged their workplaces were not prepared for legalization of cannabis. In response, Business of Cannabis, MNP and Sherrard Kuzz LLP have worked alongside the Human Resources Professionals Association to launch “Legalized Cannabis: Workplace Training” – a series of day-long training sessions for Ontario HR professionals. Key objectives to the trainings include:
- To understand what legalized cannabis means for Canadians;
- To appreciate and plan for the duties to accommodate for medical cannabis patients;
- To plan for safety sensitive jobs at work in the age of recreational cannabis;
- To learn from other jurisdictions what the impact on workplaces has been when cannabis is legal recreationally; and
- To plan for policies to have in place prior to legalization.
The initial training will take place on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at HRPA’s Yorkville Conference Centre. HRPA member will receive a $100 discount to attend. A pre-event webinar will be held on May 10th from noon to 1 – click here to register. To sign up for the event, please visit HRPA’s registration site.