Now that 2021 is well underway, this week at Business of Cannabis, we are excited to bring back our online event series: Cannabis Forward.
On Wednesday, together leading voices – including COVA and Shopify – on how the cannabis industry can do better online – especially retailers. Join us on Wednesday at noon Eastern for Level Up Your Online Presence presented by Gorgias. Register.
On Thursday, look for the second issue of our Cannabis Retail Newsletter followed closely by our Business of Cannabis Retail Series presented by Vetrina Group event on February 3rd at Noon Eastern. The event will look at getting the physical space of a cannabis retail store designed and built. Register.
As always, check businessofcannabis.ca each morning at 10 am Eastern for BofC Live. This week’s line-up includes:
- Dr. Blake Pearson of Greenly Medical talking about the CoverCannabis initiative,
- Matt Maurer and James Leech of Torkin Manes LLP discussing critical issues related to co-packing cannabis products,
- Krista Raymer from Vetrina Group sharing how to create a destination retail location,
- Kevin Anderson, the Head Grower at Broken Coast, providing insight into their new Purple Dream strain, and
- Serena Donovan, Owner of Because You Cann Inc. – a micro-cultivator in Alberta – sharing her experience at Mount Royal University’s cannabis education program.
– Business of Cannabis
5 Must-Reads from Last Week
Two Years After Legalizing Cannabis, Has Canada Kept Its Promises? | New York Times
‘We’ll have stores on pretty much every block’: Noticed a sudden surge in the number of pot shops in Toronto? Here’s why. | The Toronto Star
Cannabis firm CannTrust reaches agreement to settle shareholder claims | Marijuana Business Daily
Alcanna to spin out cannabis business and pursue value segment strategy | New Cannabis Ventures
California trade group offers marijuana banking services through credit union | Marijuana Business Daily