For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Person in Delta, British Columbia.
The Quality Assurance Person (QAP) is responsible for the verification and validation of quality assurance, ensuring that cannabis products produced meet the organization’s objectives for quality, safety, regulatory and customer expectations in accordance with the Cannabis Act and relevant regulations. The QAP will advise on, establish and monitor Quality Management Systems, and coordinate activities to meet production process and product quality standards.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Manage the licensed site’s Quality Assurance Department. (QA Associates, Technicians) and lead in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SOPs & Quality Management Programs and projects to ensure GMP compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations. Work cross-departmentally to implement SOPs (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Security).
- Develop training programs around SOPs pertaining to GMP and Record-Keeping Compliance; Collaborate training programs with Human Resources and assess training gaps continuously.
Required Responsibilities as per Cannabis Regulations:
- Function as QAP in matters relating to GMP and Record-Keeping compliance during Health Canada inspections.
- Review and approve methods and procedures pertaining to GMP within the licensed site.
- Investigate complaints regarding quality of cannabis production and ensure immediate corrective action when necessary; take corrective and preventative measures.
- Ensure cannabis quality meets standards prior to release for sale.
- Maintain a valid security clearance.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- MUST HAVE Previous Cannabis Experience as a QAP/QA Manager.
- MUST HAVE Valid HC Security Clearance/RPIC status.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology or Food Science, obtained or recognized by a Canadian University.
- 5+ years’ senior management experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a production environment.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.