For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Operations Manager in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario.
Cannabis At Work’s client specializes in the research, development and global distribution of performance-driven cannabis and e-cigarette vaporization cartridges, power supplies, all-in-ones, and more. They are seeking an exceptional Operations Manager to join their team.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Pre-launch planning. Develop overall project timelines, budgets, detailed product design/formulation specifications, and implement effective reporting to keep project stakeholders and senior management informed on key project metrics. Facilitate new product commercialization.
- COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS: Benchmark against competitor products to identify market gaps, product strengths and weaknesses, new product opportunities, and key features for new product design/formulations.
- CROSS-FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATION: Communicate proactively with all departments and our supplier & technical team abroad; support Executive Director & Sales Director on special projects, developing SOPs and KPIs. Work with the Sales department to gather input on products to support growth in priority markets and define clear go-to-market plans.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING AND LEVERAGING: Build strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders including, third-party suppliers/manufacturers, strategic partners, regulatory consultants.
- MARKET TRENDS: Maintain a thorough knowledge of the cannabis industry; leverage customer and consumer data to analyze and summarize trends; update team and share insights; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; attending industry events and webinars.
- CANNABIS REGULATIONS AND COMPLIANCE: Become familiar with how cannabis products are produced, distributed, and sold in Canada; maintain a clear understanding of the regulatory environment and framework for cannabis products in Canada; ensure operational compliance with requirements under the Cannabis Act. Assist with Quality Assurance on audits.
- CANNABIS KNOWLEDGE: Understand the cannabis plant lifecycle and the formulation of various cannabis extracts.
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT: Demand Planning; lead and coordinate all procurement initiatives; implementation, operation & management of technical equipment, hardware & software. Development of inventory management, facility, and logistics setup. Develop, monitor, and implement efficient operational procedures for receiving, fulfillment and delivery. Track financial aspects of projects, coordinate and optimize work effort with the team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule. Analyze and help institute cost controls for all operations activities.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.