For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Director of Finance in Kelowna, British Columbia.
As an integral part of the Finance team, the Director of Finance will provide hands-on leadership of the company’s accounting and financial processes for all operating activities within the Kelowna Campus. Reporting to the CFO located in Kelowna, the Director of Finance will work collaboratively with the other members of the Finance team including, the Corporate Controller in Toronto to deliver on financial reporting deadlines. The successful candidate will be an energetic and passionate finance leader and a proactive, strategic business partner across the organization.
- Oversee and lead the Finance team in Kelowna, B.C. and all the related business unit functions including, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, FP&A, Costing, Sales Support, and Capital Asset Management.
- Provide supervision to accounting team to ensure timely monthly, quarterly, and annual close and report process. Review complex transactions and other reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of operating results. Work closely with Corporate Controller on the consolidation of operating entities and resolve any issues to ensure timely reporting of quarterly and annual financial results as a public company.
- Improve the company’s costing methodology, including the application of standard costing and understanding of cost drivers throughout the cultivation, processing, and manufacturing processes.
- Partner with Operations to improve cost efficiency and develop meaningful KPIs.
- Analyze business results against KPIs and provide business insights to senior management and other business areas. Be a trusted business partner to Sales and Operations and provide insightful financial analyses to support business decisions, such as pricing scenarios, margin analyses, costing, and others.
- Lead annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasting process; collaborate with other stakeholders to drive accountability and results.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and CRA auditors.
- Confidently interact with executives (CEO, COO, and other senior management).
- Mentor and develop a high-performing finance team.
- Work closely with the CFO on M&A, financing, ERP implementation, and other initiatives.
Skills & Requirements:
- Canadian CPA designation.
- 8 to 10 years of progressive post-designation experience, with 2 or more years in a director or controller role.
- Experience in manufacturing or costing environment strongly preferred.
- Experience with a publicly-traded company a differentiator.
- Very strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven reporting environment.
- Systems-savvy, preferably with hands-on ERP experience.
- Previous people management experience and a passion for coaching and mentoring at all levels.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills with the ability to explain accounting lingo in non-lingo language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the desire to have some fun!
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.