Are you age of majority in your province (19+ or 18+ in Alberta and Quebec)?
It’s Super Bowl week and the ad that’s getting all the media is one that won’t run because it’s about medical cannabis. Watch it! (And go Patriots…)
And while the world debates the virtues of that ad, a Toronto digital agency polled Canadians about how, where and if they will be consuming cannabis during the Big Game.
Tilray is following Canopy’s plans into the US on the hemp front - via a $350 million deal with Authentic Brands Groups, owners of Juicy Couture, Nine West and others.
Not to be left out, Aurora is fighting for legalization in France.
The Philippines is lining up to be one of the next countries to legalize. A bill is moving through the legislature.
The ‘powers-that-be’ were in Davos this week, and for the first time, cannabis was on the agenda.
We learned this week that the class action lawsuit against Organigram following the 2016 pesticide issue, can move forward.
We are starting (slowly) to learn more about the Ontario cannabis retail lottery winners:
- Inner Spirit Holdings (Spirit Leaf) is planning on opening in Kingston - and no mention of Kingston would be complete without a reference to The Hip.
- 65 municipalities opted out of retail cannabis - further squeezing the lottery winners.
- The Canadian cannabis shortage is still making news, and - lots of it. The CBC looked at the “chronic” shortage.
- As the shortage continues, lots was written this week about the number of applicants trying to get cultivation licenses from Health Canada - under the old and the new regimes.
- But the shortage isn’t slowing down the Ontario Cannabis Store’s grand plans. They are seeking a vendor for same-day delivery. Let the cannabis delivery games begin!
Business of Cannabis caught up with the newly named CEO of Zenabis this week.
The Green Growth Brands attempted takeover of Aphria is still making news. Aphria is advising shareholders to do nothing - and it seems the folks at the Ontario Securities Commission and Green Growth Brands had a meeting to discuss the issue.
Slang Worldwide is heading to the CSE this week.